A Metal Show (Show)

Date: July 28, 2009
Venue: Johnny B's
Location: Whitby Ontario Canada
Promoter: Suicide Music!
Bands:Silence The City/Goregasm/Our Lady Of Bloodshed/The After Chapter/When We Escape

Silence The City
Heard they did not show up.

Photobucket GOREGASM
When I first saw these guys come onto the stage I saw a few young kids and expected it to be a bunch of noise that most kids tend to play. Once they started playing I really got into their technical guitaring and grinding music. These guys created some good Grindmetal which was a very nice start for me personally to see. I could really hear the PsyOpus feel in their music. I was really impressed a kid had a Pig Destroyer shirt on so they got props from me and I hope I can see them play again.
Myspace

Photobucket
OUR LADY OF BLOODSHED
A band that has been around for awhile, Our Lady Of Bloodshed rocked the stage. It’s cool to see a band that I use to see a bit in Oshawa when we had a good local metal crowd scene keep doing what they have been doing since day one. Hopefully they will keep going with it and help try to regenerate the metal scene back into Whitby/Oshawa. I have never been a fan of them, but I really liked there live set. They
Myspace


Photobucket THE AFTER CHAPTER
The band that I was there for, The After Chapter. It’s been about 2 years since I have last saw this band play. They came on stage and rocked the stage winning some new fans over. They had a few technical problems but other than that they really rocked it. This band will be the next big thing in the metal scene. If any promoters want a good metal band they should book these guys.
Myspace

When We Escape
I did not watch them because I was outside talking to The After Chapter/Our Lady Of Bloodshed, but what I could hear from outside the venue it was pretty shitty.
Myspace

Side Notes:
- Upheaval Of An Exorcist (Canceled)
- She Writes Phoenix (Canceled)
- Their should be more metal shows like this one
- Johnny B's is a great venue
- MORE PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO THE SHOW
- THE AFTER CHAPTER kick ass

Photobucket

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment