Slipknot (show)

Date: May 1, 2009
Venue: Ricoh Coliseum
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Bands: Slipknot/Trivium/3 Inches Of Blood

Photobucket3 INCHES OF BLOOD
As always these guys put on a great show shredding the stage with there heavy metal/death metal vocalized songs. They started the show off with the song Deadly Sinners which was the song I was mostly pumped for. They rocked there set to a vast amount of people who have probably never heard them so it was there time to destroy the crowd (orcs) and win them over. The reception was great for these guys as people were really digging the high vocals from Cam Pipes, the screams from Justin Hagberg and the heavy metal instrumentals from all the bands playing instruments. Surprisingly the bassest of the band for the tour was Byron Stroud (Strapping Young lad, Zimmers Hole, Fear Factory....), I have yet to 100% confirm this but I was sure it was him. Overall there set was really good and if they need more chances to play the bigger stages so they can master the big stages like they did the small stage.
Official Site
Myspace

Photobucket TRIVIUM
I only got to see 3 songs from these guys but those 3 songs they were wicked for. I have seen them play many times and I think this was the best I have seen them for. I was tempted to stay but I left to do a Slipknot signing since Ive seen Trivium a handful of times and Slipknot signings seem to be really good. But the 3 songs I saw live were great especially since they came off there new album Shogun which is such a mind blowing CD. It put all the older CD's into a better perspective. Damn now im ranting on a CD not a show.

Setlist (I saw):
1.Kirisute Gomen
2.Down From The Sky
3.Thrones Of Perdition

Official Site
Myspace

Photobucket SLIPKNOT
Headliners of the night and every time I see them I can always see why they are such a big act. Not really being a fan of the band means nothing when you see them cause you always end up pumping your fists to the percussion's and rocking out singing the songs you know. These guys can get anyone and everyone rocking out. They only had 8 members on stage since Clown (6) had to leave the tour for family reasons, so best to him he was definitely missed at the show. But without clown the band could still stand there own rocking Toronto. Sid Wilson (0) and Chris Fehn (3) are 2 crazy guys on stage hanging and jumping on everything they can. I was happy to see they played Left Behind this time since last time they came on Rockstar Mayhem they did not play it and that's my favorite Slipknot song. Hopefully they will be back soon in full force with 9 members to kick Toronto ass again.

Setlist (I saw):
Intro (IOWA and "742617000027)
1.Sic
2.Eyeless
3.Wait and Bleed
4.Get This
5.Before I Forget
6.Sulfur
7.The Blister Exists
8.Dead Memories
9.Left Behind
10.Disasterpiece
11.Vermillion
12.Everything Ends
13.Psychosocial

Official Site
Myspace

Click picture for show photos/posters
Photobucket

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment